How to Access Your Aetna’s Fee Schedule in California
In accordance with the regulations issued pursuant to the Claims Settlement Practices and Dispute Mechanism Act of 2000 (CA AB1455 for HMO) and pursuant to the expansion of the Health Care Providers Bill of Rights (under CA SB 634 for indemnity and PPO products), Aetna is providing providers with information about how to access your fee schedule.
- If you are a provider affiliated with an IPA, contact your IPA for a copy of your fee schedule.
- If you are a provider directly contracted with Aetna, fax your request along with the desired CPT Codes to 1-859-455-8650. If you have additional questions, you can contact the Provider Service Center (see contact info below).
- If your hospital is reimbursed through Medicare Groupers, visit the Medicare website for your fee schedule information.
You could contact Aetna via:
- Go to www.aetna.com
- Select “Health Care Professionals”
- Select “Medical Professionals Log In”
Or call their Provider Service Center:
- 1-800-624-0756 for HMO-based benefits plans, Medicare Advantage plans and WA Primary Choice plan
- 1-888-MDAetna (1-888-632-3862) for all other plans